A Note from Dr. Martina Huemann, Director of IPMA Research Awards
After organizing the IPMA Research Awards now for some years, it is a pleasure for me to take stock of the awardees in my role as Director of these awards. The purpose of this contribution is to provide an overview on the receivers of the IPMA Research Awards between 2007 and today.
The awards were established in 2006 and first handed over in 2007 at the IPMA World Congress in Poland. While in 2007 only two categories, namely the IPMA Research Awards and the IPMA Young Researcher Award existed; in 2008 the IPMA Achievement Award was added.
The IPMA Research Awards aim to promote excellent research to enhance project management. With these annual awards IPMA recognizes recent outstanding contributions to the development of the discipline and profession project management through professionally conducted research. Within this section of the IPMA website, you will see the award winners of past years, the Call For Applications for 2013, and posters and brochures for you to share with your associates. We urge you to participate in IPMA Research Awards.
About the Research Awards
IPMA recognises excellence in project management research by young researchers (under 35 years of age), established researchers, and teams. RMB also recommends outstanding researchers of international repute for its life-time achievement award. The goal of IPMA Research Awards is to promote excellence within the research community. Juried prizes awarded at World Congresses. Audiences: Candidates and those who value and support these categories of research(ers). Benefits: Proven model for researchers to gain visibility within the research community.
Objectives of IPMA Research Awards
- Recognize and foster project management research
- Celebrate awards
- Get young talented researchers into the research
Current Categories of RMB Awards
- IPMA Researcher Award: Cutting edge research project of a researcher or a team. The application of interdisciplinary projects is encouraged.
- IPMA Young Researcher Award: Cutting edge research of a young researcher. Applicant is not older than 35 years, or can prove that he/she is less than 10 years involved in research.
- IPMA Research Achievement Award: Researcher is honoured for his/her oevre in project management research. The application of interdisciplinary projects is encouraged. Per nomination only.
- In addition to the award winners, the jury also honours further outstanding research contributions in each category with the award IPMA Outstanding Research Contributions.
The Application process for 2013 is now open; see the Call for Applications in the left column.
See the links in the left column to our Research Award Winners from 2007-2012.